1997 - 2000 Jaguar 4 Button Keyless Entry Remote Fob - K8597T315
1997 - 2000 Jaguar XK Coupe
1997 - 2000 Jaguar XK Convertible
1998 - 2000 Jaguar XK Sedan
1997 - 2000 Jaguar XJ Coupe
1997 - 2000 Jaguar Convertible
1998 - 2000 Jaguar XJ Sedan
|OE Part #||LJA22610AA, CANADA: 2145101790|
|Support||Your purchase gives you 100% free e-mail and phone technical support from our expert staff.|
|180 Day Satisfaction Guarantee!||If you are not 100% satisfied, you may return the product within thirty days of receipt for a refund. Please see our return policy for further info.|
|Programming Information||SOME models come with self programming instructions. You can view them under the 'Programming Instructions' tab. NOTE: When looking under the 'Programming Instructions' tab please look for your specific model as the programming instructions vary.|
1998 - 2000 Jaguar XJ and XK
1. Pull the high beam flasher towards you and hold there. While holding the high beam flasher towards you insert key into the ignition and turn ignition switch to the first position.
2. Release high beam flasher and then flash high beams four times.
3. An audible tone should be heard along with a flashing light on the shifter. Vehicle is now in programming mode.
4. Up to 5 remotes can be programmed to the vehicle. Take first remote to be programmed and press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on the first remote. The audible tone will be heard again when vehicle has accepted the remote.
5. If only programming one remote to vehicle you must repeat step 4 four more times with the same remote. If only two remotes then repeat step 4 four times with second remote. If three remotes repeat step 4 for second remote and then for third remote repeat step 4 three times etc. until all slots are filled.
6. Test all remotes to ensure proper programming.
1997 Jaguar XK
1. Open boot lid (leave open)
1997 Jaguar XJ
1. Insert key into ignition and turn ignition switch to the ON position without cranking the engine.
2. Switch security switch OFF.
3. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
4. Switch security switch ON.
5. Cycle the security switch ON and OFF at least four times in four seconds. At this point you should see the exterior lights flash as well as hear the horn sound. Now vehicle is in programming mode (On the XJS model there may not be a security switch. If one is not found remove the center console with the window switch in it and there will be an unused connector that has a black and a yellow/white wire running to it. Use a jumper wire on this connector as the switch in step 5).
6. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on first remote to be programmed. After each time pressing the button the horn will sound to indicate the remote has been accepted. This vehicle can accept five remotes, when programming just one remote you must press the button five times. If just two remotes press button on first remote twice, and then three times for the second remote. You must hear the horn sound five times to ensure successful programming.
7. Test each remote to ensure proper programming.