2001 - 2005 Chevrolet Astro
2002 - 2005 Chevrolet Blazer
You must have all remotes including working ones when performing this procedure.
1. Close all doors.
2. Insert key into the ignition.
3. Press and hold the power UNLOCK button on driver's side door panel. Do not release until instructed to do so in step 5.
4. Quickly turn the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF. (ON is the position just shy of starting your vehicle, OFF is the position where you can remove your key)
5. Release the power unlock button on the driver's side door panel. The vehicle should respond by locking and unlocking automatically. If locks cycle then continue to step 6.(if the door locks begin to lock and unlock BEFORE releasing the unlock button then the vehicle has not entered programming mode and you must start over. Remove key, open door and return to step 1. If the vehicle continues to lock and unlock before releasing the unlock button then there is a problem with the vehicles system and remotes must be programmed by a certified professional. If you are unable to get the door locks to cycle then you are turning the key too quick, too slow, there's a problem with the vehicles system, or the vehicle is not equipped with a factory keyless entry system.
6. Hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote at the same time until door locks cycle again. This could take up to 30 seconds.
7. NOW repeat step 6. for all additional remotes including working ones.
8. After step 6. has been performed for all remotes TURN ignition to ON to exit programming mode.
9. Turn ignition to OFF, remove key and test all remotes.
2001 - 2004 Chevrolet Corvette
- Turn ignition on.
- Turn radio off.
- Press Driver Information Center(DIC) RESET button.
- Press OPTIONS button on DIC until display is blank.
- Press and hold RESET button for 3 seconds.
- Press OPTIONS button until FOB TRAINING is displayed.
- Press RESET button to begin programming sequence.
- Simultaneously press and hold LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on first remote for 13
seconds. Message will appear when remote is programmed. Repeat this step for
- Turn ignition off and remove keys from ignition.
- Test remotes.
2001 - 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2001 - 2005 Chevrolet Impala
- Turn the ignition to ACC or ON and the radio to off. Do not crank the engine.
2. Press and hold the DISP button on the radio for at least five seconds until settings is displayed.
3. Press the SEEK up or down arrows until FOB PROG appears on the display.
4. Press the PREV or NEXT button to enter the submenu. The current selection will have an
asterisk next to it. BEGIN will be displayed.
5. Press the DISP button to start programming. When the message PUSH FOB flashes, press and
hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the first transmitter at the same time for 15 seconds. A
chime will be heard to verify the transmitter is learned.
6. Repeat Step 5 for each additional transmitter up to four remotes total. You do not need to press
the DISP button again, just press down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the next transmitter
to be learned to a maximum of four transmitters per vehicle.
The mode you selected is now set. You can either exit the programming mode by following the instructions later in this section or program the next feature available on your vehicle.
EXIT (Exit Feature Customization Mode): This feature allows you to exit the vehicle customization programming.
1. Scroll until EXIT appears on the display.
2. Press the DISP button to exit programming. A chime will he heard to verify the exit.
2001 - 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix
IMPORTANT: Before entering programming mode, have in possession all of the remotes you will be using on the vehicle. Once you program the remote. all previous remotes that were programmed will be erased from memory. The other remotes will not be functional until you program the them again.
- Remove the key from the ignition.
- Close all doors.
- Remove the "MALL PGM" fuse from the fuse panel. Use the legend on the fuse panel or owner's manual to properly locate the "MALL PGM" fuse.
- Insert the key into the ignition, and turn to the ACC position.
- Turn the key to OFF and then back to ACC within 1 second.
- Open and close any vehicle door. A chime will be heard when the system enters into programming mode.
- Press and hold the remote LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for 14 seconds. IMPORTANT: After 7 seconds, a chime may be heard confirming successful synchronization. It is necessary to wait approximately 14 seconds for a second chime that will confirm successful programming.
- Repeat step 7 now for each additional remotes to be programmed including any existing remotes.
- Remove key from ignition.
- Install the "MALL PGM" fuse back into the fuse panel and test remote(s).